RTN Federal Credit Union is seeking an experienced Mortgage Loan Originator whose primary area of focus will be working with referrals from RTN Realty Advisors and RTN Financial and Retirement Group. This is a great opportunity for a customer service-oriented, self-motivated individual who has two years of mortgage origination and one or more years of related lending experience. We are seeking a friendly, outgoing candidate with excellent communication skills who is adept at networking to maximize contact with our existing and potential customers.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Working with RTN Realty Advisors and RTN Financial and Retirement Group referrals
- Counselling prospects on loan programs and pricing using a thorough knowledge of key lending concepts such ad debt-to-income ratios, Loan-to-Value percentages, credit scoring, and other underwriting criteria
- Taking loan applications and gathering all necessary documentation in order to process mortgage loans
- Ensuring that RTN delivers on its commitments by keeping customers updated on all loans from application through funding the loan
- Participating in community-related events and sponsorships to advance the Credit Union’s initiatives; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations to continuously update job knowledge
- Cultivating new real estate lending opportunities that can be developed into strategic relationships
- Interviewing customers, analyzing their current financial position to determine appropriate mortgage products and consulting with them on alternatives to the original loan application when necessary
- Communicating credit decisions and negotiating specific terms and conditions for loans within parameters, as defined by policy and credit decisions
- Accommodating customers’ needs by meeting with them at their convenience, which may be outside of the Credit Union’s regular place of business and hours of operation, and potentially meeting them at branch locations
- Understanding and maintaining a broad level of knowledge about real estate and other Credit Union products and services to assist in relationship-building initiatives; as well as keeping informed about loan policy, required documentation, and regulatory requirements
- Preparing weekly pipeline status report for the Chief Lending Officer and other reports as needed
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years of mortgage origination experience and one or more years related lending experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Self-motivated, assertive and able to effectively manage multiple simultaneous duties
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work beyond branch hours inclusive of nights and weekends as needed
- Knowledge of a second language is a plus. (Spanish is preferred.)
If you enjoy helping people and have the qualifications we seek, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to indicate which position you are interested in pursuing. We will contact you if your qualifications meet our requirements.
RTN Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Min/Fem/Vets/Dis.
The Credit Union offers a range of benefits for full- and part-time employees.
Health, Dental and Vision Care
RTN offers health, dental and vision care insurance to employees who work a minimum of 30 hours per week beginning on the date of hire.
- HMO Blue New England—Individual and family coverage is available
- Employee Assistance Program—Confidential support is available 24 hours a day online and by phone at no cost to employee
- Dental Blue—Premium is 100% employer paid
- Davis Vision—Premium is 100% employer paid
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Employees have the option of participating in the Credit Union’s Flexible Spending Account program.
Your Health FSA may be used for common, qualified medical expenses (medically necessary) not covered by your health insurance, including:
- Deductibles and Co-Pays
- Prescription Drugs
- Medical Supplies
- Dental and Orthodontia Expenses
- Eyeglasses and Contacts
For employees who participate in the health coverage, RTN annually contributes to $250 to an individual Health FSA plan and $500 for a family Health FSA plan.
You can set up a Dependent Care Account for eligible expenses associated with children 12 years and under including pre-school, after-school and summer camp.
Vacation and Sick Time
Employees are eligible for paid vacations after six months of employment. Paid vacation, sick and personal days are dependent on employee’s position and years of service. Employees are paid for 11 federal holidays observed by the Credit Union each year.
401(K) and Employer Profit Sharing Plan
RTN employees can save for their retirement by contributing funds to a qualified tax-deferred 401(K) retirement plan available for Credit Union staff. In addition, RTN will match 50% of an employee’s contribution up to 6% of his or her annual earnings (capped at allowable amounts). Additionally, qualifying RTN employees benefit from a 3% contribution to a profit-sharing plan.
RTN will reimburse up to $4,000 per year for employees taking approved, job-related courses. Discounts are available at the New England College of Business for employees and their families who are working toward a degree or certificate program.
The Credit Union pays 100% of the premiums for life insurance equal to one times your salary and accidental death & dismemberment insurance at two times your salary. The Credit Union also covers 100% of short-term disability insurance up to 13 weeks. Optional long-term disability insurance at a discounted cost is available after 120 days of employment.