This full-time position will be based out of our main office in Waltham at 600 Main Street. We are seeking an experienced trainer to fill our Training Specialist position. This position is responsible for assessing training needs, and developing and implementing training programs based on those needs while ensuring that current programs are up to date and relevant. Training is done via classroom, online, and individual one-on-one sessions.
The successful candidate will have training experience and a passion for delivering knowledge to employees from new hires to seasoned staff. This position requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to teach to all levels of knowledge with all levels of staff and a professional, adaptable and engaging teaching style.
Training Specialist minimum requirements:
- Associate degree or equivalent experience in education or training
- Minimum of three to five years working in a business environment
- Must be highly organized and possess excellent presentation skills
- Proficiency in RTN FCU products and services
- Knowledge of and experience with the XP2 platform
- Strong computer, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interact positively, professionally, and confidently with all employees
- Travel to all branch locations
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Designs, develops and implements training programs and materials for the Credit Union as a whole and for individual departments.
- Conducts training of new employees one-on-one and via online assignments and RTN University. Participates in/conducts internal specialized training sessions.
- Develops and conducts education and training needs assessments.
- Prepares schedule of training sessions in conjunction with departmental needs. Maintains records of attendance at all internal training.
- Participates in special projects and task force teams as appropriate.
RTN Federal Credit Union offers a wide range of banking products and services and our staff is committed to providing excellent customer service. We “give back” through a variety of sponsorships, drives, and community events. Our work environment is fast paced and customer focused.
We offer competitive salary and a wide array of benefits including health/dental, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and much more. If you enjoy helping people and have the experience we seek, please forward us a resume.
We will contact you if your qualifications meet our requirements. Equal Opportunity Employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Min/Fem/Vets/Dis.
If you enjoy helping people and have the qualifications we seek, please forward your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to indicate which position you are interested in pursuing. We will contact you if your qualifications meet our requirements.
RTN Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Min/Fem/Vets/Dis.
The Credit Union offers a range of benefits for full- and part-time employees.
Health, Dental and Vision Care
RTN offers health, dental and vision care insurance to employees who work a minimum of 30 hours per week beginning on the date of hire.
- HMO Blue New England—Individual and family coverage is available
- Employee Assistance Program—Confidential support is available 24 hours a day online and by phone at no cost to employee
- Dental Blue—Premium is 100% employer paid
- Davis Vision—Premium is 100% employer paid
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Employees have the option of participating in the Credit Union’s Flexible Spending Account program.
Your Health FSA may be used for common, qualified medical expenses (medically necessary) not covered by your health insurance, including:
- Deductibles and Co-Pays
- Prescription Drugs
- Medical Supplies
- Dental and Orthodontia Expenses
- Eyeglasses and Contacts
For employees who participate in the health coverage, RTN annually contributes to $250 to an individual Health FSA plan and $500 for a family Health FSA plan.
You can set up a Dependent Care Account for eligible expenses associated with children 12 years and under including pre-school, after-school and summer camp.
Vacation and Sick Time
Employees are eligible for paid vacations after six months of employment. Paid vacation, sick and personal days are dependent on employee’s position and years of service. Employees are paid for 11 federal holidays observed by the Credit Union each year.
401(K) and Employer Profit Sharing Plan
RTN employees can save for their retirement by contributing funds to a qualified tax-deferred 401(K) retirement plan available for Credit Union staff. In addition, RTN will match 50% of an employee’s contribution up to 6% of his or her annual earnings (capped at allowable amounts). Additionally, qualifying RTN employees benefit from a 3% contribution to a profit-sharing plan.
RTN will reimburse up to $4,000 per year for employees taking approved, job-related courses. Discounts are available at the New England College of Business for employees and their families who are working toward a degree or certificate program.
The Credit Union pays 100% of the premiums for life insurance equal to one times your salary and accidental death & dismemberment insurance at two times your salary. The Credit Union also covers 100% of short-term disability insurance up to 13 weeks. Optional long-term disability insurance at a discounted cost is available after 120 days of employment.