Plan Your Future With an
37-Month IRA Certificate Special
Great for contributions and rollovers!
The future will be here before you know it. Start saving now by opening an IRA (Individual Retirement Account) at RTN Federal Credit Union.
IRAs are great retirement saving tools — they offer tax incentives, plus the benefit of compound interest, which grows tax deferred.
Our plans have no minimum balance and no maintenance fee. You can contribute up to the allowable amount each year, or you can roll over funds from an existing qualified plan. We offer:
- Traditional IRA Account – Offers a yearly tax deduction on yearly contributions for income-eligible wage earners (consult with your tax advisor for IRS qualifications)
- Roth IRA – Features the advantage of tax-free withdrawals*
- SEP – Designed for small business owners or self-employed individuals for themselves and their employees
- Coverdell Savings – Helps parents save for their children’s higher education with tax-free and penalty-free withdrawals.
We also offer the following IRA investment options:
- IRA Savings Account – Great for convenient payroll deduction contributions or as a safe harbor for your funds while you weigh your options or anticipate taking distributions.
- Savings Certificates – Earn higher dividends on your IRA funds by locking in a guaranteed rate over a period of time you choose with our 3 to 60 month IRA certificates. Low $1,000 minimum deposit ($500 for Coverdell).
- Premium Certificates – Invest $50,000 or more and your certificate will earn a special premium rate.
All RTN retirement account funds are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), an agency of the U.S. Government, up to $250,000 per account by ownership type. Account balances in excess of the amounts insured by NCUA are insured on full by the Massachusetts Share Insurance Corporation (MSIC).
You can find out more about how to plan for retirement and the IRA account options available to you by contacting the RTN Financial & Retirement Group and by visiting our Retirement Central. For more information or to open an IRA, call our IRA Department at 1-800-338-0221, ext. 9857.
*Federal regulations require substantial penalties for early withdrawal from IRA accounts. A substantial interest penalty may also apply to IRA Savings Certificates when funds are withdrawn before maturity. Additional qualifications, restrictions, and conditions apply to all types of IRAs and IRA investment options outlined above.
** APY = Annual Percentage Yield.
The APY is subject to change at any time and replaces all previously-quoted APYs. Contact Member Services at 1-800-338-0221 for current APYs. The IRA Share Certificate 37- month special is a limited time promotional offer and is subject to change or be withdrawn at any time. $1,000 minimum required for the IRA Share Certificate 37-month special. For more information or to open an IRA, call our IRA Department at 1-800-338-0221, ext. 9857.