The system consolidation with Waltham Municipal Employees Credit Union will be taking place on April 30.
Since February 1, we have been serving our new members from WMECU and awaiting the system conversion to complete the merger process.
Former WMECU members’ accounts will be consolidated into the RTN data processing system. This means all RTN products and services will be available to them, as well as all RTN branches and shared branching locations — after the COVID-19 pandemic stay-at-home recommendations are lifted.
Please note that as we go through this process, there will be a period of downtime for our members.
Here is the timeline:
Thursday, April 30
- RTN Online Banking will be unavailable from 7 pm on April 30 until the conversion is complete at midnight on May 1
- Debit purchases and ATM cash withdrawals will be subject to reduced limits
- Mobile, Online and Telephone Banking will be unavailable
- Credit card purchases and check writing will not be affected
Friday, May 1
- Branches are open normal business hours–we do not anticipate any interruption of service
- Former WMECU members can enroll in RTN Mobile, Online and Telephone Banking
The nearly 900 former WMECU members represent Waltham police officers, firefighters, employees from the School Department, Department of Public Works and others. As we weave WMECU’s proud history into the fabric of RTN Federal Credit Union, we deepen our connection with the City of Waltham.