Six Reasons Why You Should Work With a Financial Professional
Downloadable PDF Version Make an Appointment with a Financial Professional
Financial professionals go by many names: personal financial advisor, investment consultant, financial planner, financial coach…you can probably come up with at least a few more. Their varying backgrounds and credentials come with different designations and titles. And there are at least as many reasons to work with a financial professional as there are ways to call them.
Whether you want guidance for retirement planning, insurance, or savings and investment goals, you want your money to do more for you and don’t know where to start, or you’re in need of a third-party professional’s objectivity to help you plan, an RTN Financial & Retirement Group* advisor located right here at RTN can help.
Let’s be honest: life can be complicated. Most hardworking folks have enough to think about before even considering their long-term financial goals. That’s why a financial professional can be such a great help. An experienced professional can help you understand your own financial situation, plan ahead, set up long-term saving and investment goals, monitor your progress, and make adjustments to stay on course. Here are six reasons you should work with a financial professional:
- You could use help achieving your financial goals. Maybe you’re clear about where you would like to be financially — whether that means managing debt, increasing your emergency savings, building assets, protecting your family’s financial well-being, planning for retirement or investing — but you haven’t yet been able to achieve those goals.
- You want your money to work a little (or a lot) harder. Financial advice and planning are not solely for high-wealth individuals. Sound advice can help you make wise choices and get closer to your individual vision of the good life.
- You’re facing a financial milestone. Major life events are also major money events: Marriage or divorce, starting a family, buying a home, saving for college or retirement, or losing a spouse can all have profound effects on your financial life.
- Your emotions are getting in the way. Financial decisions can be emotionally fraught, especially when they involve relationships and, potentially, conflict. The objectivity of a financial professional can help you keep a clear head when making important decisions about your money and your future.
- You don’t have time. It takes time to build, update, and manage a financial plan. It takes time to stay abreast of changes that can affect your outcomes and influence your decisions. Working with a financial professional can help you save time.
- You recognize the limits of your own financial expertise. There’s good reason to call in experts when we have questions, such as mechanics for cars and doctors for our health. An experienced, impartial financial professional will work to understand your individual needs and recommend solutions.
What can the RTN Financial & Retirement Group do for you?
You don’t need to wait for a windfall—or worse, a money crisis—to benefit from professional financial advice. When people think of a financial professional, they often envision someone who serves only high-wealth clients; fortunately, the professionals at your credit union are experienced, prepared and happy to work with all members to meet their individual financial needs today and tomorrow.
Maybe today you need help creating a plan to pay down your debt and grow your savings. Down the line, you might be looking for the right investment vehicle for an inheritance or monetary gift. Both now and then, you have plenty to gain from the insight of a knowledgeable professional, available to you right at your credit union.
RTN Financial & Retirement Group Financial Advisors can offer guidance on a variety of products and ways to help you navigate your own financial journey. These may include:
- Retirement savings, including 401(k) rollovers, individual retirement accounts (IRAs), Roth IRAs and more
- Holistic financial management for building net worth and creating income from assets
- Life, disability, and long-term care insurance to provide financial protection for you and your family
- Goal setting and saving for education or long-term care
- Custom investment management
- Stocks, bonds, mutual funds and annuities
RTN Financial & Retirement Group professionals not only have access to a great range of investment and insurance products geared toward helping you achieve your goals, they’re also knowledgeable about different product’s risks and benefits. They can help you evaluate options to determine your own comfort zone in terms of risk and potential return, and then help you create and carry out your own personalized plan for managing debt, savings, insurance, retirement planning and investing.
For more information on how the RTN Financial & Retirement Group can help you, or to set up a no-cost, no obligation appointment, call 781-736-9900, Option 8 or view our web page.
*Representatives are registered, securities sold, advisory services offered through CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. (CBSI), member INRA/SIPC, a registered broker/dealer and investment advisor, which is not an affiliate of the credit union. CBSI is under contract with the financial institution to make securities available to members. Not NCUA/NCUSIF/FDIC insured, May Lose Value, No Financial Institution Guarantee. Not a deposit of any financial institution. FR-3573737.1-0421-0523.